Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Breakfast of Champions?

A few weeks ago I posted the wildly popular vid "Breakfast Song." I'm glad so many of you enjoyed that. I did too. It still cracks me up. But this time I thought I'd show you what else I'm having for breakfast now instead of all the stuff in that vid.

I make 2 glasses of juice [one for me and one for Jackie] using my L'Equip Pulp Ejector Juicer model #110.5 [I bought mine @ Sam's Club for less than $100 but I think you can also purchase it here]. Here's what's in my juice: a bunch of carrots, celery, and apples. And a spoon full of Barley. That's it! [Lydia said I should throw the strawberry on top to make it look "pretty"].

When you pour the juice into the cup, the apple juice is red, the celery is white-ish green, and the carrot juice is brown. After that, I usually pour it all into a tupperware thing, add the barley, and [singin' along with the Cars] shake it up!!! You know you're done when the mixture looks like the water from Lake Erie [just joking — a little]. Which looks nasty I know. But trust me, tastes very good and gives me LOADS of energy!!!

What have you stopped eating / drinking for breakfast? What have you started eating / drinking for breakfast that is better for you? What's in your breakfast of champions?

No comments: