- People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
- If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
- If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
- The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
- Honesty and frankness makes you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway
- The best men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
- People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
- What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
- People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.
- Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Thirty years ago a 19 year old Harvard student first penned what he thought would be a little booklet on leadership. Since then, Dr. Kent Keith’s book Jesus Did It Anyway and specifically the paradoxical commandments it contained have been shared far and wide [WTG to Duane for sharing them with me!!!] Mother Teresa even hung them up in her home for the destitute and dying in Kolkata, India. Here they are: