- Yes on 5 lowers interest rates on payday loans from 391% to 28% annual interest.
- Yes on 5 ensures that loans will still be available for people who need them, but the interest rate is reduced so that it is comparable to the rates charged by credit cards.
- Yes on 5 helps prevent Ohioans desperate for quick cash from falling into a cycle of high-cost loans that they can never pay off.
- Yes on 5 extend the same payday loan protections to all Ohioans that the federal government provides to military families.
- Yes on 5 approves the new laws endorsed by Governor Strickland and the Republican and Democratic leaders of the Ohio Legislature. They believe the state has a fundamental obligation to protect Ohioans from excessive interest rates and defective financial products.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Why Am I Voting YES On Issue 5?
There are 391 Reasons to Vote YES on Issue 5. Here are 5: