Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Are You Thankful?

I am thankful for gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home / I am thankful for the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking and I have been blessed with transportation / I am thankful for the lady behind me in church who sings off key [just joking] because it means I can hear

I am thankful for the pile of laundry because it means I have clothes to wear / I am thankful for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means I am alive / I am thankful for the crazy people I work with because they cheerfully serve in the church and community in addition to having full time jobs and family and lives outside [gasp] of what I ask of them!

And finally, I am most thankful to Christ for inviting me to serve Him as sincerely and passionately as I can. So one day people will say about me the same thing they said about David in Acts 13:36 [NKJV]. "He served his own generation by the will of God." For what/who are you thankful?

No comments: