Thursday, September 25, 2008

Do You Have A Daddy?

Yes, you have a daddy. That was Jackie's silent response to an unasked question. As a maternal child home care nurse, she travels throughout the community caring for her patients and often notices when she does there is no father present in the life of the child.

One mother admitted to her that she felt guilty and depressed because she had wanted something better for her children. So Jackie wrote a poem in response to her feelings that she hopes will be published as a childrens’ book she could pass out to her clients bringing hope and love to fatherless families. Does anybody know a publisher? In the meantime, she is collecting new and gently used Christian children's books to hand out to her clients. Her email address is: jackie4tune@gmail.com if you'd like to help or encourage her too!!!

Yes, you have a Daddy who loves you tenderly, and though you may not see Him, He’s as real as real can be / Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. Jeremiah 1:5 NIV

Yes, you have a Daddy who calls you by your name, He knows everything about you and loves you just the same / Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. Isaiah 43:1 NIV

Yes, you have a Daddy who gives you gifts galore. Love, joy, peace, and happiness and life for evermore / For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 NIV

Yes, you have a Daddy who will be with you when you’re sad. He can mend your broken heart and help you to feel glad / The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18 NIV

Yes, you have a Daddy who has a listening ear. And if you need to talk, He is always near / Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear. Isaiah 65:24 NIV

Yes, you have a Daddy who can show you the way. He will give you wisdom and knowledge every day / The love of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow in His precepts have good understanding. Psalm 111:10 NIV

Yes, you have a Daddy with shoulders to carry things. And when he lifts you up you’ll feel like you have wings / But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles: they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

Yes, you have a Daddy someday His face you’ll see. Then He will hold you close and say, “Come home with me” / And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me that you also may be where I am. John 14:3 NIV

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo cool! WTG Jackie!!!!

Kimberlei

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh Jackie! Your story is so beautiful. What a wonderful message & really for any one of any age - even those with "earthly" fathers. I had goose bumps when I read it. Good Luck. I hope you find a publisher - when you do, I would like many copies & at least one copy signed by the "author".
love ya. Kim (Blaser) Gilhluy

Heather Smith LaPoint said...

That is an awesome poem Jackie! It has a very powerful message for those that need it! Be sure to share your gift with everyone!
Heather

Grumpy said...

I love you Jackie. Your Daddy!

Anonymous said...

Im so proud of you!!! What a wonderful opportunity for you, to be "You" and put into to encouraging word, simple, straight to the point affermation on our Heavenly Father's nearness, dedication, watchfulness, and outragous love that He has for us- His children. So, when's your next one??? Do you have a publisher? I'll talk to Arnold, Comptons brother. He is a Proffesser and has had many books published himself. Call me! Oh by the way... We have had our new little bundle of joy! Sept.4....Joel Sharma Girdharry, a cuddly, sweet-natured, charming little guy, who I pray has the opportunity to get to know two of the most amazing, beautiful people we know!!! God knows how much I (we) miss you and the family!!! Make sure you call me. I barley have time to be on the computer now days once a week! LOL! We Love and miss you guys so stinkin much I could just cry!!!!