Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wanna See Joshua's Easter Drawing?

Check out this picture Joshua drew for me out of the blue last week. I asked him why the sun was there and he said it’s because he heard me say that Jesus is the light of the world. I asked him what the fish was all about. And he said he didn’t know why, but that the fish is a symbol of Jesus. Which it is. He took it from there pointing out the obvious. That J is for Jesus. That He died on the cross. But rose from the dead. Making Him the Rock of Ages. And that His Word is a "light unto our paths." All of which reminded me that the story of Easter is simple enough for a child to understand. But amazing enough for an adult to marvel. What does your picture of Jesus look like? Did you know God loves you like crazy? That He would rather die than spend eternity without you? In fact, He already did!!! Which, if you ask Him according to John 1:12, makes YOU one of HIS peeps!!! And I'm not talking about the yellow marshmallowy kind!!! [Though I really love them too!!! Click the pics for more Peeps!!!]

1 comment:

Life is Good said...

Kudos and Way to Go, Joshua! Awesome picture that captured the essence of Easter and Christ's sacrifice and resurrection. We're very proud of you.