Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Fave Apps?

Aside from carrying thousands of songs from my iTunes library, five of the latest Toledo First Church podcasts and six "Jesus books" [Jesus on audiobook by Walter Wangerin Jr is great for kids and what we're listening to for family worship, click for details], what I like most about my iPhone is its apps especially some that Pastor Anna showed me recently. Here are a few of my faves. If you have some too, do share!!!
  • Dragon Dictation [free] records what I say and is amazingly accurate in turning the content into an email I can easily edit [if necessary] then send with the push of a button instead of texting messages on the tiny keys or typing them later on the computer.
  • Dropbox [free] is worth adding to your PC or Mac even if you don't use a smartphone because it allows you to sync content when online to more than one of your computers [or someone else's if you invite them] by simply dragging a file into a folder on your computer.
  • JotNot Pro [99 cents] turns your phone into an amazingly accurate scanner for pics and Word docs. Amazing really.
For seven more good apps, click pic or here to read Chis McConnells' article "10 Essential iPhone Apps for Pastors and Other Church Workers" in Outlook Magazine.

No comments: