Thursday, November 08, 2007

Who Broke Their Wrist?

Byline: Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Location: Emergency Room
Reason: Lydia's Broken Wrist
While Jackie was fixing supper, Joshua and Lydia got the teeny exercise trampoline out and decided to jump on it. For some reason, Lydia decided to lay down underneath it with her elbows on the floor and her wrists bent holding it above her. For some reason, Joshua decided that would be a good time to run and jump on top of it. Which, I believe the word the doctor used was, "buckled" her wrist like a styrofoam cup. Leaving one of the bones obviously broken. Lydia has a splint and a sling and may need a stronger cast. But was still able to go to school the next day. Joshua has a severe case of guilt and sorrow. Have you ever broken a bone? Which one? How?

4 comments:

MommyMonet said...

I have broken so many bones. However, not at that young age, poor girl! I also broke my wrist at Camp when I was 12! I have also broken my finger, toes, ankle, wrist AGIAN!

I hope she is doing better!!

marty said...

sorry to hear that. I hope she feels better.

Stacy Rankin said...

28 years old and never a broken bone! And I grew up with all boys, too, so you know I was a tomboy, climbing trees, fighting, playing sports. And people wonder why I'm so competitive. SHOCKER!

secase said...

Ouch Lydia. I know it hurts. But just think of all the kids you'll make friends with when they write messages on your cast. That could be pretty sweet! I slammed my little toe in the car door and once tripped over a drinking glass on the floor in the middle of the night, breaking my big toe. The crazy things we do.