Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me?

SEPT 6 is my birthday. I turn 43 years old. Just joking. I'm really 34. Here’s how I’m coping. Every year, Jackie bakes/buys me a birthday pie [WAY better than cake!!! Sorry Joann!!!]. Every year, my best friend, Marty in Maryland, takes me to a Washington Redskins football game [He’s got season tix not far from the 40 yard line]. And every year [so far], Jackie re-news my NFL Sunday Ticket satellite football subscription so I can watch or record the rest of the Redskins games like any die hard obsessed crazy person!!!

This year, Jackie also got me tickets to hear Brennan Manning live which I’m really looking forward to. And every year, I’m eternally grateful to Jesus the King of the Universe for giving me a life worth living surrounded by people near and dear to me [like you!!!] who love me even when I’m not the cheerful, optimistic, patient pastor some think I am 24/7. Shocking, I know, but true!!! Thank you in advance for being you. For letting me be me. And for making my 34th year coming up one of the best yet!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You have always been a champion birthday boy...so glad that you were born. You have brought joy into Russ and my life. And you really don't have to be a boring perfect...Jesus picked up the slack. We love you and happy birthday. Russ and Carol

Stacy Rankin said...

Happy Birthday, Mike! You are one of the coolest people I know and you know I'm international when it comes to knowing people. Your love for people and for Jesus is inspirational to me. Thanks for being there and always keeping it real. Much love to you on your birthday today!

Stacy

Monte said...

Congratulations! You are in the front ranks of a new generation of leaders in Christ's church. Just keep on being Mike.

Life is Good said...

Hey B-Day Boy,

Your pastoral leadership is a real blessing! With such fresh ideas, high energy and powerful authenticity! Toledo First says a hearty, "Way to Go, Mike!" on your ability to get things done for God!!!!