Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Are You Thankful?

I am thankful for gutters full of leaves because it means I have a home / I am thankful for the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because [my car avoids dings and] it means I am blessed with transportation / I am thankful for the lady behind me in church [you know who you are] who sings off key [just joking] because it means I can hear.

I am thankful for the pile of laundry because it means I have clothes to wear / I am thankful for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means I am alive / I am thankful for the crazy people I work with because they cheerfully serve in the church and community in addition to having full time jobs and family!!!

And finally, I am most thankful to Christ for inviting me to serve Him as sincerely and passionately as I can. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says, “In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Jesus.” For what are you thankful?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jay, need I say more?